employment type: part-time
Location Oak Park Michigan
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Summary : Assists Facility Manager in the successful operation of a self-storage facility by performing all duties and responsibilities as directed. Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures while maintaining or exceeding performance standards in all areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures that company standards of cleanliness and appearance are met or exceeded in offices, restrooms, exterior areas, company units, hallways, etc.
• Cleans vacated units on a timely basis (reviews units to ensure that doors, latches, and alarms are functional)
• Inspects for pest control and takes appropriate actions
• Ensures that the safe handling and storage of chemicals and cleaners used in performing duties is in compliance with safety standards
• Monitors the physical condition of the facility and reports maintenance requirements and potential equipment failures to the Store Manager
• Performs minor nonstructural carpentry repairs and replacements on doors, fences, and buildings as required. May also do minor plumbing and electrical repairs not required to be performed by a licensed contractor
• Performs preventive maintenance work on HVAC equipment, gates, etc.
• Performs touch up painting and landscape maintenance on property
• Performs nonstructural unit conversions as directed
• Engages in various customer interactions including phone and counter sales, facility tours, collection activities (including phone calls and preparing legal notices), outside marketing, and handling complaints.
• Demonstrates consistency in performing proper sales presentations and maintaining minimum lead closing percentages. Solicits and tracks marketing and lead source information per company policy.
• Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services and makes suggestions for improvements.
• Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications and efficient time management.
• Makes bank deposits and Post Office deliveries daily or as directed.
• Coordinates additional cleaning and maintenance efforts with outside vendors as directed by
• Coordinates facility staff as applicable and as directed by Facility Manager.
• Must have a valid driver license, able to drive, inspect trucks, fuel trucks and assist customers with rental equipment.
• Ensures retail product displays are clean and merchandise is properly organized and displayed.
• Assists Facility Manager with ordering merchandise in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Follows all company security and safety guidelines as directed.
• While on duty, maintains a clean and well-groomed appearance at all times and follows company policies regarding dress and grooming standards.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or higher; One year previous sales and customer service related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Able to create economical repair strategies for equipment.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Skills and Abilities Proficient sales and customer service skills are mandatory. Bilingual is a plus.
Other Qualifications Must be willing to assist in other locations, attend off site meetings, and respond to alarm or other emergency calls after hours as needed and/or directed.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Work Environment : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some exposure to weather conditions may exist.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be eligible for work in the United States
• Able to use Windows Operating System and Windows Office Software.
• Experience with customer database software.
• Must Be Able To Multitask.
• Able to lift 75lbs.
* Must pass background and drug test
Please send resume to: Alexis@stopngostorage.com